Ode to the Ace of Spades
To most, simply a card without a price,
The ace of spades, a card unequaled in
Authority, when used too much a vice,
A card of splendor, little like its kin
To me a sign, a representation
Of memories lost long ago within
A bond of brotherhood, revelation
To what our own relationship has been
Foremost a card, a symbol next, to us
A gateway to the ghost that is the past,
A van, a deck, a song, a face, a bus
A card that makes me calm and stand aghast
Elegy of Grandparents Lost
Not one, not two, not three, but four I lost
My grandparents gone to a better place
Kind souls now extinguished, peace at a cost
For us on earth, a part we can’t replace
Full to the brim with faith, unending strength
So wise, so calm, so filled with peace and grace,
The happiness I’ll never find, the strength
I’ll never have, now that they’re in their place
Although there’ll be some things I’ll never see,
I know there’ll be the peace I find today
A peace that only one above can bequeath
I’ll never have to wonder what will stay
Ode
ReplyDeleteNice format, rhyme scheme: ababcbcbefef
well... nothing to do wirh relationship I think?
Elergy
followed structure, rhyme scheme: ababcbcbefef
Relationship about grandparents